Vegan Chocolate Rice Krispie Bites
These healthy rice krispie treats are made with creamy peanut butter and cacao for a protein and fibre rich snack or quick breakfast. A healthier alternative to store bought versions, this delicious recipe is no bake and easy to make in around 20 minutes!Serves: 4 people as a side
Time: 20 mins
- baking tin
- mixing bowl
- glass bowl
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbp of date syrup or honey
- 150g of cacao or chocolate
- 100g of puffed rice (more if needed)
- Melt the coconut in a small saucepan over a medium heat, add in the peanut butter. Stir in the vanilla and salt followed by the puffed rice. Mix well until combined.
- Press firmly into a lined baking tin and place in fridge to chill for 10 minutes
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water (or microwave). Once it has set, pour over the top of your puffed rice mixture.
- Refrigerate until firm, around one hour, then cut into squares.
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.