Pea and Courgette Salad with Basil and Mint
This zingy and fruity salsa is super fresh and the perfect side to spice up any dish or bbq. Serve it with meat or fish, spoon it into wraps or serve with tortilla chips.Serves: 4 people
Time: 10 mins
- Frying pan
- mixing bowl
- chopping board
- 2 courgettes, ends cut off and sliced into ribbons using a peeler or mandolin
- 150g peas
- 2 tsp of lazy garlic/2 garlic cloves
- Handful of fresh mint and basil, roughly chopped, reserving some for garnish
- Juice of half a lemon
- Olive oil
- Spring onions, finely chopped for garnish
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat with a glug of oil. Once hot add in your garlic and fry for 1 minute. Then add in your courgette and cook through for a minute or so. You want to soften them slightly. Make sure to not let them go soggy. Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- Add in your peas, fresh herbs, olive oil and lemon juice. Stir gently and tpo with spring onions and herbs.