Creamy Almond Butter Curry
A deviously filling homemade curry - packed full of flavours, spices and heat.
Serves: 4 portions
- chopping board
- large, deep saucepan
- wooden spoon
- small mixing bowl
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger (peeled & minced)
- 3-4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 spring onions (finely sliced)
- 1 red chilli (finely sliced)
- 1 courgette (sliced)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 100g mushrooms (chopped)
- 100g sugar snap peas (chopped)
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp almond butter
- 150ml boiling water
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- juice of 1 lime
- fresh coriander
- better than rice or regular rice
- Start by preparing the ginger, garlic, spring onions and chilli. Warm the oil in the saucepan until it has melted and then add to the pan to cook for 2-3mins. Be careful not to burn!
- Next prepare the courgette, pepper, mushroom and sugar snap peas. Place the sugar snap peas to one side and add the rest of the ingredients into the pan. Cook for 3-5mins or until softened.
- Add in the coconut milk and tamari and bring to the boil before reducing to a simmer.
- Whilst the curry is cooking add the boiling water, almond butter and curry paste into a small mixing bowl. Combine until you have an even consistency and then add into the curry.
- Now it is time to add in the sugar snap peas along side the lime juice.
- Serve and enjoy!