Sesame Crusted Seared Tuna With Greens
This lean protein rich seared tuna steak is served on a bed of courgette ribbons, loaded with fresh veggies, herbs and finished with a zesty asian dressing. Ready in under 20 minutes, this recipe is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
Time: 20 minutes
- frying pan
- chopping board
- mixing bowl
- 2x yellowfin tuna steaks
- 3tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1tsp of coriander powder
- 1tsp of ginger
- 1 large courgette, cut into ribbons
- 1 carrot cut into ribbon
- Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1tbsp of sesame oil
- 2tbsp of coconut amino
- 1tbsp of lime juice
- 1cm of ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1tsp of honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To make the salad base add carrot, onion, courgette, coriander and radish to a bowl with half the dressing and toss well.
- Season your tuna steaks with coriander powder, ginger and season well with salt and pepper. Then place the sesame seeds on a plate and add the tuna. Gently press and coat evenly. Add more sesame seeds if necessary.
- Head a glug of oil in a frying pan over a medium, high heat, then add in your tuna steaks. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side, depending how cooked you like it. The sesame seed crust should turn a nice golden colour and the tuna pink on the inside. Transfer tuna to a plate and leave to rest for a minute before slicing.
- Serve the tuna on your asian salad and drizzle over the remaining dressing. Enjoy!