Strawberry and Mint with Coconut Yoghurt and Buckwheat Brittle
This dish might look fancy but it is actually very easy! Serve it up for a simple yet impressive pudding or enjoy it for breakfast if you are craving something sweet.
Time: 35 minutes
- Roasting tray
- mixing bowl
- 3tbsp of coconut oil
- 6 tbsp of honey
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 80g buckwheat groats
- 100g of nuts of choice e.g. brazil nuts, cashew nuts, pecans
- 50g seeds
- 50g quinoa flakes/ rolled oats
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 200g of fresh strawberries, halved
- Handful of fresh mint
- Coconut yoghurt to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment
- Roughly chop the nuts and seeds or pulse in a food processor so that you have smaller chunks.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, once bubbling add in the vanilla extract. Remove from the heat and add in the buckwheat, nuts and seeds and oat and salt, stir well.
- Tip onto your baking sheet and spread out evenly using a spatula or palette knife.
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes, checking halfway through. You want the brittle to be a deep golden colour which can take anywhere from 10-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cool, break the brittle into pieces and serve with your yoghurt, strawberries and mint!
- The brittle should keep for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.