Low Carb & Keto Friendly Fajitas By Hunter & Gather
Fajitas are a Mexican favourite, usually made with grilled meat, peppers and onions served up in a corn or flour tortilla.
Take away the tortilla and you're left with a nutritious, delicious and Low Carb meal. Better yet, replace the tortilla with a grain-free alternative and you've got yourself Keto-friendly fajitas.
Here are some quick and easy Low Carb, Keto-friendly tortilla alternatives to wrap your tasty fajita filling in.
- Oven set to 200 degrees
- Baking tray
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- 500g free range chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil
- 4 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Garlic Egg Free Mayo
- 1 lime
Optional toppings: chopped lettuce, tomato, raw onion, avocado, coriander, sour cream & grated cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and grab a large non-stick baking tray
- Add the chicken, sliced peppers and onions to the baking tray before drizzling with avocado oil
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the spices before sprinkling over the chicken and veggies
- Toss well to coat everything in the oil and spices, then bake for 35 minutes before removing from the oven and setting aside
- Next, for the egg-free mayo drizzle - add the mayo and lime juice to a small bowl, whisk until smooth and saucy and then drizzle generously over the cooked fajita traybake
- If desired, top with your chosen extra toppings before serving as it is or with a grain-free tortilla wrap - then enjoy!