Almond Chicken Satay Skewers With Mango, Lime And Carrot Salad
Learn how to make the easiest and delicious satay skewers. The classic peanut satay sauce is swapped for creamy and sweet almond sauce that is packed full of good fats and fibre. It is also paleo friendly!
Time: 25 minutes
- frying pan
- mixing bowl
- chopping board
- baking dish
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 ½ tsp of turmeric
- Gnob of ginger grated
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1tbsp of coconut aminos
- Olive oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled into thin ribbons
- 1/2 mango, thinly sliced
- Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- Juice of one lime
- Handful of almonds, crushed
- 2tbsp of almond butter
- 1tsp of coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1tsp of lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced or crushed
- 1tsp of honey
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat. If using wooden skewers soak beforehand.
- Cut your chicken breasts into cubes and add to a mixing bowl with the marinade ingredients. Drizzle with olive oil and mix well. Leave to marinade for 30 minutes (the longer the better). If you are short on time you can cook straight away.
- Thread your chicken onto the skewers and place on the grill for 10-14 minutes, turning halfway through so they don’t burn.
- Meanwhile, to make the salad add the carrots, spring onions, mango and herbs to a bowl and toss to combine. Add in the lime and sesame oil and mix well. Set aside
- To make the satay sauce add the ingredients to a bowl until creamy! Add more honey/ salt to taste.
- Remove your skewers from the oven and serve with the mango salad and almond satay sauce.