A paleo take on the classic Spanish dish! It’s incredibly versatile and quick to whip up- enjoy with a side of garlic mayo or hummus.
Time: 30 minutes
- chopping board
- mixing bowl
- frying pan
- 6 eggs
- One small celeriac peeled and thinly sliced into discs.
- One brown onion thinly sliced
- Olive oil/Ghee
- 1 ½ tsp of paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat with a large tablespoon of ghee (or olive oil if preferred) and add in your sliced onion. Fry for 5 minutes before adding in your celeriac discs. Reduce the heat to low and cook for around 15-20 minutes until the onions are golden and the celeriac is cooked (Stir occasionally so as not to break up the celeriac).
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, along with salt, pepper and paprika and whisk together until light and fluffy.
- When the onions and potatoes are cooked, remove from the heat and transfer to the egg mixture. Pour into the pan and place over a low heat.
- Cook for around 15/20 minutes until the top is hardly runny.
- Loosen the edges with a spatula or knife then flip onto a plate. Transfer back into the pan and cook for 5 minutes so the bottom is golden and crispy. (To speed things up you can skip this step and place a lid on top of the pan to allow both sides to cook).
- Cut into wedges and serve alongside a salad and healthy helping of Rubies in the Rubble garlic mayo!