Turmeric Chickpea Wraps With King Prawns and Herby Lime Sauce
Here are some awesome anti-inflammatory packed homemade wraps. With a sensational herby, lime citrusy sauce and juicy prawns. This is a fantastic midweek dinner idea which is super easy to put together yet packed full of flavour!
Time: 40 minutes
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- Mixing bowl
- Food processor
Herby Lime Sauce:
- 3 tbsps of greek yoghurt/ plant baked yoghurt of choice
- 1 tbsp of chipotle lime mayonnaise
- Juice of half a lime
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Large handful of coriander
- Lime wedges
- Handful of fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots grated
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 avocado halved and cubed
- For the wraps, place chickpea flour and turmeric in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Make a well in the centre of the flour and gradually pour in the water, whisking continually until well combined. Then whisk in your egg (if using) The mixture should resemble a slightly thicker pancake batter. Set aside. (If you have time leave for at least 30 minutes or overnight).
- Place the prawns, diced garlic, lime juice, olive oil, chilli powder, cumin and paprika into a bowl. Mix until combined and leave to marinade.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until combined. Set aside.
- To make the wraps, heat a pan over a medium heat with a splash of oil. Once hot, add in 4 tablespoons of the wrap batter swirling it around so they are roughly 12cm wide. Cook for 1-2 minutes until edges come away from the pan and bubbles form, then flip and continue to cook on the other side until crisp and golden. Repeat this process with remaining batter.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat with a good glug of rapeseed oil. Once hot add in your prawns and cook for around 3 minutes until pink and cooked through.
- You are ready to assemble! Place your wraps on a plate, followed by your raw veg, cooked prawns and drizzle over the herby sauce.