Fried Courgettes with a Herb Dressing and Toasted Almonds
This seasonal recipe is great for a tapas spread or served as a side dish.Serves: 4 people as a side
Time: 15 mins
- mixing bowl
- frying pan
- chopping board
- 2 large courgettes, cut at angle into ovals.
- Olive oil
- Handful of almonds, roughly chopped
- 75g of herbs of choice- basil, mint, and coriander work well
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- To make the dressing add the herbs to a blender (or chop finely) along with the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and blitz into a saucy paste. Adding more oil if necessary. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium, high heat and add in your almonds. Gently dry fry for about a minute until they begin to brown. Make sure to watch them closely so they do not burn. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Return the frying pan to a medium high heat with a good glug of oil and add in your courgettes. Fry for 2 minutes each side until cooked and charred. You may want to do this in batches if the courgette does not fit in a single layer.
- Arrange the courgettes on a plate followed by the dressing, drizzle over a little more oil, season and top with fresh herbs and crushed almonds.