Gelatin Energy Balls
Looking for a new and exciting recipe to try with your Ossa Gelatin? Well, we have the perfect recipe for you. Gelatin is known for its health benefits such as improving joint health and promoting healthy hair, skin, and nails - this oaty, nutty and wholesome recipe provides you with a perfect dose of Gelatin!
Prep time: 12 minutes
- 100g Oats
- 50g Peanut Butter (or a nut butter of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon of Flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon of Ossa Gelatin mixed with water
- 1 tablespoon of Maple Syrup (or you can use Molasses)
- 1 large handful of Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, gelatin mixture, oats, flaxseeds, and dark chocolate chips. Stir well until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. The mixture should be slightly sticky but manageable.
- If the mixture appears too dry or crumbly, add a little more peanut butter or maple syrup to bind the ingredients together. Conversely, if it feels too sticky or wet, add a small amount of oats or flaxseeds to adjust the consistency.
- Once the mixture is well combined, place it in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes. Chilling the mixture will make it easier to shape into balls.
- After chilling, remove the mixture from the refrigerator. Using a tablespoon or a small scoop, take approximately 1 and a half tablespoons of the mixture and roll it between your palms to form a ball. Repeat this step until you have shaped all the energy balls.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in a well-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one week. If you want to extend their shelf life, you can also freeze them for up to one month or longer.