Halloumi and Red Peppers with basil caper dressing
This light and moreish dish is a perfect summer supper or served as a side alongside a few other dishes.
Time: 25 mins
- frying pan
- chopping board
- mixing bowl
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 250g of halloumi, sliced.
- Good glug of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of capers chopped
- Large handful of fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- ½ tsp of dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced or finely chopped
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Toss your red peppers with olive oil and roast in the oven on a baking tray for 20 minutes until softened.
- To make the dressing, add the capers, olive oil, garlic, mustard and basil leaves to a bowl and mix well to combine. Add in the lemon juice and a little more oil if necessary and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook the halloumi slices for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden. (If you don’t have a non stick add in a little oil)
- Serve the halloumi with the roasted peppers, drizzle over the dressing and sprinkle on a few fresh basil leaves.