Homemade Chicken Stock
Chicken broth is so easy to make at home and is a natural way to heal your gut. Add them to soups, stews and curries, or enjoy a mug to start your day with some fresh herbs.Serves: 4-6
Time: 40 minutes
- casserole dish/ large saucepan
- chopping board
- Chicken carcass, skin removed
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 sticks of celery, halved
- Good pinch of salt
- Add the chicken carcass to a large saucepan/ casserole dish along with 1.5 litres of water. Add in the onion, carrots, celery, bay leaves and garlic. Season with a good pinch of salt and simmer on low for 4-6 (covered).
- Remove from the heat and careful strain into a separate bowl using a sieve. Allow to cool before transferring to containers. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.