Turkey Koftas With Mint Yoghurt And Tabbouleh
These turkey koftas are an absolute winner and can be enjoyed alongside warm pitas or lettuce leaves!
Time: 30 minutes
- baking tray
- chopping board
- mixing bowl
- 500g turkey mince
- 1 tbsp of lazy garlic
- 10g parsley, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1tbsp of cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pack of konjac rice/ 75g of basmati rice
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- Handful of cherry tomatoes (roughly 6), finely chopped and seeds removed
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- Large handful of parsley (30g pack), finely chopped
- Small handful of mint, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100g coconut/ greek yoghourt
- Small handful of mint, finely chopped- can also use semi fresh.
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
To make koftas:
- Preheat the grill to high and lightly grease a baking tray with oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the turkey mince, courgette, garlic, parsley and cumin.
- Shape the mixture into 12-15 sausage shaped koftas and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through, until evenly cooked and golden.
To make tabbouleh:
- Cook the rice as per instructions on the pack. Rinse and drain, set aside to dry and cool.
- Add all your finely chopped salad ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil then mix together your salad ingredients with the rice. Add in the dressing, season to taste and toss well to combine.
To make the mint yoghurt:
- Combine your coconut yoghurt, finely chopped mint, lemon juice and olive and mix well.