Konjac Rice Tabbouleh
This low carb tabbouleh can be enjoyed as a side dish alongside a Middle Eastern spread, or enjoyed as a main with a side of grilled fish or chicken. The texture of the rice works perfectly with the fresh herbs and lemon juice.
Time: 15 minutes
- mixing bowl
- chopping board
- 1 pack of konjac rice
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- Handful of cherry tomatoes (roughly 6), finely chopped and seeds removed
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- Large handful of parsley (30g pack), finely chopped
- Small handful of mint, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the konjac rice as per instructions on the pack. Rinse and drain, set aside to dry and cool.
- Add all your finely chopped salad ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil then mix together your salad ingredients with the rice. Add in the dressing, season to taste and toss well to combine.