Honey Roasted Carrots With Spiced Cashew Cream
This spiced cashew cream is silky and smooth. It is perfect to stir into pasta, used as a salad dressing, a dip or alongside some roasted veggies.
Portions / serves: 4 to share
Time: 40 minutes
- roasting tray
- chopping board
- 5 carrots halved and cut into batons
- 1tsp of honey
- Large handful of cashews (soaked for 4 hours or overnight)
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- Knob of ginger
- Plant Based milk
- 1tbsp of coconut yoghurt
- Handful of coriander finely chopped for garnish
Method:For the Honey Roasted Carrots:
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Transfer your carrots to a roasting tray, drizzle with lots of olive oil and 1 tsp of honey. Season with salt and pepper and mix well with your hands. Roast for around 40minutes until soft and caramalised.
- To make the sauce, transfer your soaked cashews to a blender along with the plant based milk, turmeric, and grate in your ginger. Blend until very smooth and creamy- this may take a few minutes. Add in more milk if necessary.
- If you want a thicker texture, adding a tbsp of coconut yoghurt is perfect and brings a nice flavour.
- Taste and add more spice if necessary, if you prefer it sweeter add in a dash of honey.
- When the carrots are ready, serve with the cashew cream, coriander and a handful of cashews.