Spiced Indian Root Vegetable Slaw
This spiced slaw is the perfect side to any curry or main dish, and this indian- inspired root veg version is a great twist on a classic coleslaw.
Portions / serves: 4 as a side
Time: 15 minutes
- chopping board
- mixing bowl
- One celeriac peeled and grated
- 3 carrots peeled and grated
- 2 parsnips peeled and grated/ cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds
- 1tsp of curry power
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 tbsp of coconut yoghurt
- 1tbsp of mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lime and 2 tbsp of juice
- Topping: seeds or almonds
- To make the dressing, heat 2 tbsp of oil over a medium heat and add in your mustard seeds for 45 seconds. Then strain and set aside to cool. (This step is optional but is a great way to bring out the flavours!).
- Put the grated vegetables into a bowl with the lime zest and juice, along with the mayonnaise, yoghurt and spices. Combine well then add in the cooled oil and mustard seeds. Season with salt and pepper, then toss to combine.
- Top with seeds or a handful of chopped almonds