Carrot And Cinnamon Breakfast Bars
The perfect energy bars to get you through the day! These are a perfect sunday bake day and full of all sorts of good fuels.
Serves: 12-16 bars
- Baking dish
- mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- 250g oats
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 100g of sunflower seeds
- 4 tsp of honey
- 90g flaxmeal/ flaxseeds
- 100g of nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts)
- 1 egg (optional)
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- Orange zest
- 1 tbsp of almond butter
- Handful of medjool dates
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, nuts, seeds, zest of an orange, grated carrot and cinnamon.
- Place the almond butter, egg, dates, honey, in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, along with a splash of water if needed and mix until everything becomes sticky and combined.
- Spoon the mixture into your baking tray, press down and bake for 25 minutes until golden.
- Once cooked, remove the and leave to cool before cutting into even bars.