Creamy Cashew Sauce
A creamy, cashew sauce, which is 100% plant-based and a great base recipe to have ready whenever your in need of a health sour cream like sauce. This recipe requires few ingredients and minimal effort!
Serves: 4-6 portions
Time: 2hour minimum soak, 5mins to create
- Bowl (to soak the cashews)
- Food processor
- 250-300g cashews (soaked in warm water for 2 hours)
- 100ml of almond milk
- 2 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 0.5tsp paprika
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Soak the cashews in a bowl with water. Once it has been a minimum of 2 hours, drain and place into the food processor.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Use in your soups, stews or dipping crisps!
- This will keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days.