Roasted Carrot And Red Pepper Soup
Soup season is approaching. And what better way to kick of the cooler season that with a scrumptious, heart warming, roasted soup! Packed full of flavour, nutrients and comforting ingredients to help keep you feel fuelled and energised.
Serves: 4 portions
- Oven set to 180 degrees
- Roasting tray (x2)
- Deep saucepan with lid
- Food processor
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
Ingredients:For the roasting tray:
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2-3 large carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 red peppers (halved and deseeded)
- 1 large red onion (chopped)
- 5-8 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
For the rest of the soup:
- 1L of vegetable stock (or 500ml stock, 500ml coconut milk)
- 1 inch of fresh ginger (grated)
- 0.5tsp turmeric
- 0.5tsp chilli powder
- 0.5tsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- Start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees. Whilst the oven is warming prepare all of the roasting tray ingredients. Add them onto the tray alongside the oil and place to roast for 30-40mins. Keeping an eye on them and stir halfway.
- Once the vegetables are cooked through, remove from the oven and add them into the saucepan, alongside the rest of the other soup ingredients. Infuse together for 5mins and then switch off the heat and allow the soup mixture to cool slightly.
- Blend when the mixture has cooled slightly to your desired consistency. Add more liquid for a runnier soup. Plate up, top with your other ingredient and enjoy!