Guilt-free Chocolate Molten Pots
These chocolate pots are fluffy on the outside and gooey in the middle. They are free of refined sugars and so quick to make.
Portions / serves: 2-3
Time: 20 minutes
- roasting tray
- 7cm ramekins
- mixing bowl
- 3 large eggs
- 25g of dark chocolate drops or chocolate cut into small chunks
- 4 cacao powder (cocoa works too)
- 75g of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp of honey or date syrup (change to keto syrup for keto)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp of almond flour
- stevia (change to honey for paleo)
- ¼ tsp of baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease your ramekins with a little coconut oil.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, then set aside.
- In a bowl, add the cacao powder, salt, baking soda and ground almonds, and mix well. Then add in your coconut oil, vanilla and honey.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, then whisk in the chocolate mixture. Taste and add a few drops of stevia if needed.
- Add in your chocolate drops and mix to combine.
- Spoon or pour the mixture into the ramekins, leaving about 2cm clear from the top. Bake in the oven for around 10 minutes. Watch closely as they approach the 10 minute mark, you don’t want to over bake.
- The chocolate pots are ready when they have risen but are slightly wobbly when you shake the tray. They will continue to cook so enjoy immediately with some sliced banana and coconut yoghurt!
- You can also make these in advance. Just chill them then cook from cold (allowing extra time in the oven).