Seriously Nutty Energy Bars
A seriously nutty delight. These little fat bars are not only utterly delicious and simple to put together, but their low carb qualities enable them to be the perfect fuel to keep your brains energised and in a steady flow! This recipe makes 16-20 delicious bars which will keep ready to go for snack times for weeks!
Note: This recipe is not very sweet. If you require / want more sweetness either add more coconut or your favourite keto sweetener.
- Oven set to 175 degrees
- Square baking tray
- Greaseproof / baking paper
- Food processor
- Chopping board
- Microwave or stove & saucepan (to melt chocolate)
Ingredients: (1 handful - 2.5 tbsps)
- 3 handfuls of almonds
- 3 handfuls of walnuts
- 2 handfuls of sesame seeds
- 2 handfuls of sunflower seeds
- 2 handfuls of pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp of ground flaxseed
- 5 handfuls of desicated coconut
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp tahini (or nut butter)
- 6 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 40g dark chocolate (chopped up)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 70g dark chocolate (to melt for decoration)
- Start by preheating the oven and preparing the baking tray with paper.
- Add all of the ingredients (other than the chocolate for melting) into a food processor. Blend until you have a chunky / thick texture.
- Transfer over into your baking tray and bake for 15-22mins (or until golden brown around the edges and firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before adding any chocolate.
- Melt the remaining chocolate down and generously cover the bars. Allow to set and then enjoy!