One Pot Mexican Soup
Spicy, warming and full of veggies! This mexican soup is packed with goodness and punches some serious flavour. A great recipe to batch cook for families and meal prep.
- Chopping board
- Deep saucepan with lid
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 corn on the cob (remove corns)
- 1/2 fresh chilli (minced)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 300ml of stock (bone broth or vegetable stock)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of beans (drained)
- 1 handful of coriander (chopped)
- salt & pepper to taste
To serve (optional):
- avocado slices
- sour cream
- fresh lime juice
- tortilla chips
- Start by warming the oil into the saucepan and gently cook the onions for 5-7 mins, until soft. Add in the garlic and cook for a further 2mins.
- Next add in the pepper, sweetcorn, chilli, paprika and cumin and cook for 5-10mins to allow the spices to infuse.
- Add in the stock, chopped tomatoes and beans. Bring to the boil and then reduce to simmer for 15mins (until everything is cooked through).
- At the very last stage add in the chopped coriander (save some for decoration).
- Plate up, top with optional extras - serve and enjoy!