Roasted Almond Pesto Courgetti With Asparagus
Courgetti is a healthy and quick way to swap spaghetti for more veggies. Taking less than 5mins to cook and put together which makes it the perfect quick meal go to dish, which is also heavenly with homemade pesto.
Serves: 2 portions
Time: 20 minutes
- food processor
- chopping board
- spiralizer/ peeler
- frying pan
For the courgetti:
- 2x courgettes
For the pesto:
- 2 roasted garlic cloves
- 125ml of olive oil
- A large handful of fresh basil (roughly a pack)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 120g of almonds
- 100ml of water (if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 200C and place your almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until lightly toasted.
- In a food processor combine the pesto ingredients and blend until the mixture forms a slightly chunky texture. Continue to blend if you prefer it nice and smooth!
- Heat a good glug of oil in a pan over a medium heat and add in your asparagus. Cook for 5-10 minutes, turning the asparagus to ensure even cooking.
- Chop the ends off your courgettes and use your spiralizer or form noodles.
- Pour hot water over your spaghetti for 30 seconds until blanched. Drain well to avoid a soggy texture.
- Toss the asparagus with courgetti and stir in the pesto.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon, fresh basil and pepper.