Sweet Potato Toast 4 Ways!
These sweet potato toasts are a great healthy and grain free breakfast option. They are super easy and you can top them with just about anything, so get creative!
Portions / serves: 4
Time: 30 minutes
- mixing bowl
- chopping board
- roasting tray
For the toasts:
- 1 large sweet potato cut into slices (around 1/2inch thick)
- Olive or coconut oil
- Almond butter and blueberries
- Mashed avocado with pumpkin seeds and radish
- Tzatziki with fresh dill and sliced tomatoes
- Rocket with sliced boiled egg and Tzatziki
Egg and rocket:
- One egg hard boiled for 7 minutes, sliced
- Handful of rocket
- 1tbsp of tzatziki
Almond butter and berries:
Mashed avocado and radish:
- ½ avocado mashed
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 radishes thinly sliced into discs
- Salt and pepper
- Small handful of seeds
- Drizzle of olive oil
Tzatziki and tomatoes
- 3 cherry tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp of homemade Tzatziki or yoghurt (see blog for recipe)
- Small handful of fresh dill, chopped
For the toasts:
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly oil both sides of your sweet potato slices, then place on a lined baking tray. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through (turn halfway). For a speedier option you can pop them in the toasted until cooked, but roasting is definitely more delicious!
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 mins of wire rack.
- To meal prep, you can cook a large batch and store in an airtight container
For the toppings:
- Transfer your sweet potato slices to a serving plate and get topping!