Beetroot and Lentil Patties
An extremely simple, delicious lunchtime pattie! Packed full of antioxidants, fibre and other beautiful tasty ingredients! This recipe takes less than 5minutes to put together and is a great way to get more lentils into your diet.
Serves: 9-12 patties
- Oven set to 180 degrees
- Food processor
- Mixing bowl
- Weighing scales
- Baking tray
- 1 packed of quinoa and lentils (or use cooked lentils
- 1 pack of cooked beetroot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200g oats
- 1 handful of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees.
- Add the cooked lentils, beetroot, garlic and 1/2 of the oats into a food processor. Blend until you have a nice chunky consistency.
- Move the mixture into a large mixing bowl and mix in the rest of the other ingredients still left to add in. If the mixture is too wet add more oats, if the mixture is too dry add a splash of water.
- Use your hands to roll out 9 patties and place onto a baking tray, gently press them down slightly to ensure an even bake.
- Bake for 15-20mins (flipping halfway).
- Serve with a top of yoghurt, hummus or whatever you fancy!