Caramelised Onion Buckwheat Spaghetti
A sensational saucy spaghetti dish. This is a super quick perfect mid week meal using only 5 ingredients and made in less than 10 minutes.
Serves: 2 portions
Time: 10 minutes
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- as much buckwheat spaghetti as needed!
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 a jar of peanut satay sauce
- 100g garden peas (defrosted)
- Start by following the instructions on the packet of the spaghetti and cook for 8 minutes in boiling water.
- Whilst the spaghetti is cooking, warm some olive oil in a pan and add in the onions, cook for 3-5 minutes and then add in the garlic, balsamic and cook for a further 3mins until softened and slightly browned.
- Once everything is cooked through add in the sauce and peas and mix well. Add in a few spoonfuls of the pasta water, alongside the spaghetti.
- Combine together, plate up and enjoy!