Dillon's Bread Homemade Crouton Keto Salad
Is there anything better than a warm, homemade, crispy crouton topped salad? I think not! This salad is a great addition to place into your week to help boost your energy and fibre levels. A low carb special with an incredible mint, creamy dressing.
Serves: 1-2 portions
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Baking tray
- Saucepan with lid
- Chopping board
- Small mixing bowl
Ingredients:For the keto croutons:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 handful of asparagus
- 60g frozen peas
- 4-6 lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tbsp hunter & gather mayo
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 handful of fresh mint (crushed & finely chopped)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Start by chopping up the keto bread into 1cm by 1cm cubes. Add onto the baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and place into the oven for 10-15mins to crisp up.
- Whilst the croutons are crisping up start to boil the eggs for 6mins to ensure you have a nice runny yolk! Once they are cooked remove and place into cold water. Keep the water and add in your asparagus and peas and cook until tender!
- Whilst the eggs and other bits are cooking, you can get to work on preparing the rest of your salad ingredients. Chop up the lettuce, spring onion and place into a bowl. Add the cooked eggs, asparagus and peas.
- Combine the salad dressing ingredients together ready too. Coat your salad, top with fresh herbs, croutons and enjoy!