St. Patricks Day Salmon
Oh it is time to get those Irish staples at the ready to create this fantastic hearty dinner dish. Combining all sorts of fantastic flavours including lemony leeks, roast potatoes and of corse the main event - salmon! Covered in our tasty Guinness glaze!
- Oven set to 180 degrees
- Saucepan with lid
- Baking tray
- Roasting tray
- Chopping board
For the potatoes:
- 1 handful of potatoes
- 1 tsp Garlic oil
For the leek sauce:
- 2 leeks
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of water
For the salmon:
Follow here for the Guinness Glaze
- Start by heating the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan and part boil for 10-15mins.
- Whilst the potatoes are boiling slice up the leeks and place into the roasting tray alongside the lemon zest, garlic, olive oil and water. Roast for 16mins with a cover on top of the tray, stir half way through.
- Once the potatoes are boiled, drain, cool slightly and then slice them in half. Place them onto the baking tray, cover with garlic oil and roast alongside the leeks.
- Once the leeks are finished reducing, remove from the oven and place the salmon onto the same tray. Cover with the salmon rub, leek mixture, lemon juice and place back into the oven for 12-15mins (or until the salmon has cooked through).
- Once everything is ready, plate up and serve with a good drizzle of Guiness glaze.