Celeriac Toast With Pesto Avocado And Poached Eggs
If you’re looking for an energising and grain free brunch, this is an absolute winner, and a chance to try something different…
Time: 30 mins
- Roasting tray
- mixing bowl
- chopping board
- 1 small celeriac, peeled and sliced into 4 steaks
- 4 eggs
- Handful of fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped or minced
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tbsp of homemade roasted almond pesto (can use jar otherwise)
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Place your celeriac steaks on a roasting tin and coat in rapeseed oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 10 minutes on each side.
- Half your avocado, de-stone and scoop out flesh into a bowl. Add in your garlic clove, lemon juice, olive oil, pesto and mix well. Set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil then reduce to a simmer. Poach your eggs in the water for 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon remove the eggs and drain.
- Transfer the celeriac steaks to plates and serve with pesto avocado and poached eggs. Sprinkle over fresh basil.
- Don’t forget one last season of salt and pepper, Enjoy!