Herby Shakshuka with Asparagus and and Courgette
This one pan dish is packed full of fresh herbs and easily digestible veggies to keep you feeling light and energised.
Portions / serves: 2
Time: 20 minutes
- frying pan
- chopping board
- One courgette, cut into semi circles
- 100g of green beans, ends chopped off and halved
- Bunch of asparagus, ends chopped off and halved
- 2-4 eggs depending on preference
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 100g of fresh herbs of choice- basil, parsley, coriander work well
- 1 tbsp of semi fresh coriander and basil
- (1tsp of stock + 200ml water)
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat with a tbsp of ghee. Add in the spring onions and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Then add in your green beans and continue to fry for 3 minutes until they begin to soften. Next add in your courgette and asparagus and fry for 2 minutes before adding in your stock, lemon juice and semi fresh herbs.Season with salt and pepper and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the stock has reduced right down, Add in your fresh herbs. Mix together then make 2-4 small wells in your pan and crack in your eggs one at a time. Pop a lid on and let the eggs cook until the white is firm but yolk is still runny.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with more fresh herbs and enjoy!