Keto Portobello Mushroom Burger
A juicy portobello mushroom burger. Replacing the use of bread buns with a low carb, full of flavour portobello mushroom. This is a versatile dish for which you can change the fillings to meet your desire.
Serves: 1-2 portions
- Oven set to 180 degrees
- Small baking tray
- Frying pan
- Mixing bowl
Ingredients:For the mushroom bun:
- 2-4 1-2cm thick slices of tofu
- 0.5 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 0.5 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 0.5 avocado
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 sliced of beef tomato
- 1 tsp garlic mayo (or a vegan alternative)
- Start by pre heating the oven to 180 degrees. Wash and peel the mushrooms and marinate them whilst the oven is coming up to temperature. Add them onto a baking tray and roast for 10-15mins.
- Whilst the mushrooms are cooking, add the marinade to the tofu. Leave for 3-5mins and then cook them for 3-5mins each side using the frying pan over a medium heat.
- Whilst everything is cooking, you can prepare the other ingredients ready to create your final burger.
- Plate up as you wish, adding more fillings. Enjoy and serve fresh!