Lemongrass Turmeric Quinoa With Harissa Cauliflower
A brand new lunch special. A meal made with just 6 ingredients which is hassle free and packed full of nutrition. Using Mekhala's Lemongrass Turmeric paste to create an antioxidant packed lunchtime delight.
Serves: 1-2 portions
- Microwave or hob
- Mixing bowl
- Frying pan (with lid)
- 1 packet of Quinoa
- 1 tbsp of Lemongrass Turmeric paste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 handfuls of cauliflower
- 2 tsp harissa relish
- handful of spinach
- 1 handful of roasted black chickpeas (full recipe here)
- Start by cooking the quinoa by following the instructions on the back of the packet. Leave to cool to one side for a few mins and then transfer into the mixing bowl. Add in the turmeric paste, chickpeas and mix well.
- Warm some oil in the pan, over a medium heat and then add the cauliflower. Add 100ml of water and 1/2 of the harissa and then place a lid over the top to help steam. Cook for 3 mins and then flip and continue to cook until cooked through.
- Once the cauliflower is ready, add the spinach to a plate, followed by the quinoa mix and then top with cauliflower. Add on top the rest of the harissa relish and serve!