Almond, Tahini and Raspberry Biscuits
These delicious and healthy almond, tahini and raspberry biscuits are the perfect snack that will leave you warm and satisfied. The tangy raspberry jam complements the nutty, tahini flavour and is a perfect snack for any occasion.
Ingredients for the cookies:
- 200 g ground almonds
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 medjool dates pitted
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour
- Pinch sea salt flakes
Ingredients for the jam:
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blitz to combine.
- Scoop up the mix, squeeze together to combine and roll into a ball, then roll out with a rolling pin.
- Using heart-shaped cookie cutters, cut out 8 large hearts and then smaller ones out of the centre of 4 of the hearts.
- With a pallet knife, carefully place the hearts on a lined baking tray. Remove the smaller hearts and place on the tray separately.
- Bake for 15 minutes, allow to cool before spreading jam over the solid heart. Place the heart with a hole over the top.
- Place the frozen raspberries in a small saucepan and gently heat until not only thawed through but the fruit has begun to break down.
- Before the fruit turns into total mush, remove the saucepan from the heat, transfer the fruit mixture into a bowl and let it cool slightly.
- Taste the fruit and add the maple syrup and lemon juice and zest to taste (more or less will be needed depending on the tartness of the fruit).
- Stir in the chia seeds, decant the mixture into a sterilised glass jar and once completely cooled store in the fridge overnight.
- The next day the chia jam will have set and is ready to use.
Recipe brought to you by the College of Naturopathic Medicine – Health Coach Course