Creamy Miso Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup
As the weather changes and the leaves begin to fall, we're embracing home-made meals and the flavours of autumn. This Miso Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup is the perfect addition to your seasonal to-do list. It's a comforting, creamy and flavourful dish that we're certain you're going to love.
Time: 35-40 minutes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 600g cubed butternut squash (or a mix with sweet potato)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1.5-inch minced fresh ginger
- 2 birdseye chili (adjust to taste)
- 500ml bone broth
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- To Garnish: Greek yogurt, fresh coriander, lime juice, pumpkin seeds
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot.
- Add chopped carrot, onion, and celery, sautéing until they soften and fill your kitchen with delightful aromas.
- Stir in 600 grams of cubed butternut squash.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until it's well-coated. Then, add minced garlic, ginger, and birdseye chili.
- Pour in the bone broth and coconut milk. Add 2 tablespoons of miso.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the butternut squash is tender.
- Use a blender to create a silky-smooth soup.
- Garnish with Greek yogurt, fresh coriander, a splash of lime juice, and a handful of pumpkin seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste