Blue Zone Inspired: Shakshuka with Butter Beans Recipe
Their incredible longevity and well-being are rooted in simple principles, like eating whole foods, vegetables, and plenty of beans. So, inspired by these insights, we've crafted a heartwarming Shakshuka with Butter Beans recipe that's perfect for those cosy winter evenings.
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 jar of Shakshuka
- 1.5 tablespoons of Harrisa paste (adjust to taste)
- 1 jar of Bold Bean Queen Butter Beans
- 3 tablespoons of Seggiano Pesto
- 200g of baby spinach
- 60g of grated Parmesan cheese
- A handful of fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of Pumpkin seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add 1.5 tablespoons of Harrisa paste to the pan and sauté for a minute or two until fragrant.
- Pour in the jar of Shakshuka sauce and stir well. Allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes, letting the flavours meld.
- Add the drained and rinsed Bold Bean Queen Butter Beans. Stir to combine and let it simmer for another 3-4 minutes until the beans are heated through.
- Spoon in 3 tablespoons of Seggiano Pesto and mix it into the sauce until fully incorporated.
- Add 200g of baby spinach. Stir it into the sauce until it wilts.
- Season the dish with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Finish the dish by garnishing it with a handful of fresh parsley and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.
Enjoy your Blue Zone-inspired meal!