Creamy Root Vegetable Breakfast Bowl With Greens And Coconut
A healthy, vegetarian and grain-free breakfast option to keep you satisfied until lunch.
Time: 20 minutes
- chopping board
- frying pan
- wooden spoon
- One large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- ¼ butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 2-4 large eggs
- Large handful of coconut flakes
- 100g of spinach/ kale
- Olive oil
- Dairy free milk
Method:For the root mash:
- Boil your squash and sweet potato in salted water for 10 minutes or until soft.
- When the veg is cooked, drain and blend (or mash by hand) until smooth. Add in diced garlic, lots of salt and pepper, a good drizzle of oil and a splash of milk. Mix together. Pop the lid on and set aside.
- Toast your coconut flakes in a frying pan until golden. Set aside
- To poach your eggs, bring a pan of water to the boil. Once bubbling, pop in your eggs and reduce to medium heat. Cook for around 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan over a medium heat with a glug of olive oil. Chuck in your garlic and fry for 2 minutes. Then add in your spinach and kale and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until wilted crispy.
- Serve the root mash and top with greens ,poached egg, a drizzle of oil and coconut flakes!