A zesty spring dish to help freshen up those midweek meals! This recipe takes less than 15 minutes to put together and uses some fresh, seasonal spring produce!
Serves: 1-2 portions
- 1 saucepan
- 1 frying pan
- 1 chopping board
- 1 knife
- gluten free spaghetti
- 1L of boiling water
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely sliced)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 1 spring onion
- 3 spring green leaves
- 5-6 tenderstem broccoli heads
- 1-2 tbsp of hummus or cream
- juice of 1-2 lemons
- parmesan or pimp my salad
- Start by adding the water into the saucepan with the spaghetti, garlic and salt. Boil for 13-15mins or until fork tender.
- As the pasta is cooking, start to create the lemony sauce. Add the onions, spring onions and spring greens into a warmed frying pan, with the olive oil. Cook for 5-8mins until soft and then remove from the heat.
- Once the pasta is around 5mins off - add in the broccoli to the same pan and cook.
- Add the lemon juice and hummus into the frying pan and stir well - adding in more seasoning if required.
- Drain the spaghetti and garlic mix and add into the lemony mixture.
- Top with desired ingredients and enjoy!