A seasonal fresh spring frittata which is a perfect high protein breakfast option or a great sharing platter with family or friends!
Serves: 2-3 people
- 1 large frying pan or skillet
- Oven set to medium on grill mode
- Chopping board
- Jug (to whisk eggs)
- 1 tbsp of chilli oil
- 2 spring onions (sliced thinly - save the tops for decoration)
- 1/2 red chilli (sliced thinly)
- 2-3 spring green leaves (sliced thinly)
- 100g frozen peas
- 4-6 eggs (whisked)
- 100-200ml milk (or plant-based milk) - for paleo remove and add additional eggs
- 50g of feta or other alternative (crumbled) - for paleo remove
- 1 handful of coriander
- salt & pepper to taste
- Start by preparing the grill and getting the ingredients ready. Warm the chilli oil in a pan and add in the spring onions and chilli. Stir and cook for 2-3mins.
- Next add in the spring greens and frozen peas and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the veggies are cooking, add the eggs into a jug alongside the milk. Whisk together until you have a well whisked consistency. Add into the pan with the vegetables and by using the handle move the mixture around to coat the vegetables. Do not use a wooden spoon to do this as it will disrupt the set!
- Crumble on top any additional ingredients like the feta and coriander and place into the grill to cook through (roughly 8-12mins).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Add on top extra chillis, coriander and serve!