Roasted Beetroot and Halloumi with Cauliflower Rice and Chimichurri
This super easy lunch is packed full of nutrients. The salty halloumi with sweet beetroot and spicy chimichurri is a moorish combination.
Time: 30 minutes
- Oven set to 180 degrees
- Roasting tray
- chopping board
- mixing bowl
- frying pan
- One medium brown onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 beetroots peel, halved and sliced (raw or precooked vacuum packed)
- 1 packet of Cauliflower rice
- 1 tbsp of Chimichurri
- Handful of activated walnuts roughly chopped
- handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- 80g thinly sliced halloumi
- One garlic clove thinly sliced
- some more Chimichurri if you desire!
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Add your sliced beetroot and onion to a baking tray with a good glug of oil, salt and pepper and mix well. Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl combine 2 tbsp of chimichurri with your chopped parsley and activated walnuts and stir until combined. Leave to one side.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat with a glug of oil and add in your cauliflower rice. Fry for 5 minutes then add in your chopped garlic and season well. Continue cooking for a further 5-10 minutes until the rice is well cooked and turning golden and crispy. Remove from the heat and transfer to a plate.
- Return the pan to the heat with another glug of olive oil and fry your halloumi slices for around 30 seconds on each side, until golden.
- Top the cauliflower rice with your roasted beetroot and onion, fried halloumi and drizzle over your chimichurri walnut blend along with any extra parsley.