Wild Garlic Red Lentil Rice Risotto
This seasonal sensation is packed full of protein and fiber that will keep you feeling full for longer. If you don’t have wild garlic to hand, swap in spring onions and spinach.
Serves: 2 portions
Time: 30 minutes
- frying pan
- chopping board
- 100g of red lentil rice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 brown onion diced
- 1 stick of celery finely chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 500ml of hot stock
- Handful of chestnut mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp of White wine/ cider vinegar
- Large handful of wild garlic finely chopped
- 100ml of plant based milk- coconut/ almond or oat work well
- 2tbsp of nutritional yeast (more to taste)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Heat a glug of olive oil over a medium heat and add in your onions and celery. Cook for 5-10 minutes until they begin to caramalised and translucent.
- Add in mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes before adding in your garlic and frying for a few minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low and add in your lentil rice. Toast for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in your lemon juice and vinegar and stir until it has almost dissolved.
- Season generously with salt and pepper then, using a ladle, ladle in the stock and stir every now and then until it has disappeared into the rice. Carry on adding and stirring, until you have used up all the stock- this should take around 20 minutes.
- Check the rice is cooked, if it is not add a splash more stock and continue cooking. 1-2 minutes before the end add in your wild garlic and nutritional yeast and stir well.
- Plate up and enjoy!