Carrot & Courgette Fritters With Poached Egg
A super simple breakfast staple to help boost your vegetable intake in the morning!
Serves: 2 portions (4 fritters)
- mixing bowl
- frying pan
- saucepan to create pouched eggs
- 1 courgette (grated)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 tbsp Collagen (optional) or 1 tbps gelatin
- 1 tbsp flour (optional)
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- sprinkle of chilli flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh rocket
- hot sauce
- 2 poached eggs (to serve)
- Start by grating the courgette and carrot into a mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and combine well.
- Warm a frying pan with oil and add in 1/4 of the mixture forming a ball in your hand as you create and then press it down in the pan.
- Cook for 3 mins of until browned, flip and cook on the other side.
- Repeat until you have cooked all of the fritters.
- Poach the eggs and place on top with additional ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!