Coconut Cookie Bites
Fancy baking something new? Then this stress free, simple bite recipe is for you. Bold coconut flavours accompanied by rich dark chocolate helps to take your tastebuds to heaven! This recipe is certainly one of those moments.
Time: 10mins prep / 1 hour set
- Small glass bowl
- Food processor
- Baking tray (used to set so ensure the tray is lined to prevent sticking)
For the cookie filling:
- 100g of Desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tin of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of cashew nut butter
- 1 tbsp of coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
For the chocolate coating:
- Start by adding in all of the the cookie filling ingredients together into a food processor, blend together but be careful not to over-blend. Pulse the ingredients together until you have a formed dough that still holds texture. Change the consistency of the batter to your liking - more coconut milk if the mixture is too dry or more coconut to create a thicker batter.
- Using your hands grab a tsp to tbsp amount of filling and roll it in your hands to form a ball. Set onto a plate to one side. Repeat this until you have used up all of the filling.
- Gently press the balls down to flatten them into more of a cookie shape. Transfer into a fridge or freezer and leave to rest for 10-30mins until the filling has firmed up.
- Once the cookies are ready, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together. Either carefully using a microwave or the double-boiler method. Place the cookies into the chocolate and cover fully, then place onto a lined tray. Repeat until all cookies are coated. Add on top a sprinkle of salt and then place back to set fully.
- Serve and enjoy!