Immune Boosting Carrot Soup
Fiery, fresh and and packed full of goodness. This anti inflammatory, immune boostings soup is the perfect winter warmer to keep your insides functioning optimally.
Serves: 2-3 portions
- Chopping board
- Saucepan with lid
- Measuring jug
- Food processor
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1-2 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1 inch of ginger (minced)
- 3 large carrots (chopped)
- 500ml stock or broth
- 1/2 tin of coconut milk
- Fresh parsley (for decoration)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by heating up the saucepan on a medium heat with the olive oil, prepare the onion and garlic and add into the pan. Cook for 5-7mins, until soft and translucent.
- Add in the turmeric, ginger and a splash of water to prevent the mixture from burning. Infuse the spices together for 1-2mins.
- Add in the chopped carrots, stock or both and coconut milk. Bring to the boil and then reduce to simmer with the lid on.
- Simmer for around 25-30mins or until the carrots and completely cooked through.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and remove the lid. Allow to cool for 5-10mins before blending. Place into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve with a garnish of black pepper and fresh parley.