Lemony Harissa Chicken Thigh Tray Bake
Lemony Harissa Chicken Thigh Tray Bake with braised chickpeas and fennel. This recipe is a spicy, simple perfect dinner recipe!
Serves: 2 portions
Time: 1 hour
- Large, deep roasting dish
- Mixing bowl
- Oven set to 180
- Chopping board
- 4X chicken thighs
- olive oil
- 1/2 jar of chicken bone broth
- 1 fennel bulb
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 lemon
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 2 tbsp of harissa paste
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary of 1 tbsp of dried
- Feta (optional)
- Handful of fresh coriander/ parsley roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Then mix the harissa paste, olive oil and bone broth in a bowl with some herbs, add the chicken thighs and toss to coat. Pop into a baking tray and let it marinade while you prepare the veg.
- Trim the top and bottom of your fennel bulb. Quarter, core and thinly slice. Thinly slice half your lemon, removing the seeds; reserve the remaining half. Drain and rinse your chickpeas.
- Pour the remaining harissa mix plus an extra tbsp of olive oil into your baking tray. Add in the chickpeas, fennel and lemon slices, 4 garlic cloves (crushed) and fresh rosemary. Toss everything in the harissa oil until well combined and arrange into an even layer with the chicken evenly distributed.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes until chicken skin is fairly crispy. Give the tray a good shake, (add a glug of water if it looks a bit dry- this will make a nice stock with the chicken) then cover with foil for a further 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through and nice and juicy.
- Remove from the oven and squeeze the remaining juice over the tray. Crumble feta over the top along with fresh parsley and coriander.
- Serve as is or over cooked quinoa or butter bean mash.