Vegan Kinder Bueno Style Cookies
Yield 12 cookies
Prep time 30 minutes
Chilling time 30 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
Deliciously soft, and gooey vegan Kinder Bueno style cookies, stuffed with Vego hazelnut chocolate, and topped with our favourite Love Raw cream filled wafer bars!
These incredible cookies prove you don’t need a cow to enjoy chocolaty goodness. As the popular opinion goes, many believe that vegan chocolate, and vegan baked goods taste nothing like the ‘real’ thing. However, after some extensive taste testing we found that our vegan Kinder Bueno style cookies taste nigh on identical to their dairy and egg-rich counterparts.
We love this recipe as a tasty treat; helping you to get a bit of balance into your life. Life isn’t just about eating ‘clean’. It’s about enjoying good, healthy balanced food, which keeps your mind and body healthy. At Welleasy, we know how beneficial it is to maintain a balanced lifestyle, not just for your body, but for your mind too – keeping a balance is key to your wellness, and living a long, healthy life. That’s just one of the reasons we decided to create this delicious cookie recipe.
Vego Vegan Hazelnut Chocolate and Love Raw Vegan Cream Filled Wafer Bars are tasty dairy chocolate alternatives, which when combined with our vegan cookie recipe will leave you feeling hungry for more. Love Raw Vegan Cream Filled Wafer Bars allow you to meet your craving for that creamy hazelnut hit only they do not contain animal products. At Welleasy, we’ve tried many vegan chocolate bars and this bar has to be one of our favourites for its like on like taste and texture to the original Kinder Bueno bars. Vego Hazelnut Chocolate Bars won’t disappoint you either; made with whole hazelnuts, hazelnut cocoa cream, and hazelnut paste. Giving you that smooth and creamy crunchiness that you want from a chocolate bar.
125 g Unsalted Vegan Butter/Vegan Margarine
175 g Biona Coconut Palm Sugar
1 tbsp of prepared Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free Egg Replacer
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 + 1/2 tsp Doves Farm Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
300 g Vego Vegan Organic Chocolate (chopped)
3 Love Raw Vegan Cream Filled Wafer Bars (each bar halved to make 12)
- Add the vegan butter, and Biona Coconut Palm Sugar to a bowl and mix till creamy
- Add in the Bobs Red Mill egg replacer, and mix again. If using vanilla extract, add it in now!
- Add in the Creative Nature plain flour, Doves Farm baking powder, Bobs Red Mill bicarbonate of soda, and salt.
- Then mix until a cookie dough is formed!
- Add in the Vego chocolate and mix until it is distributed well!
- Shape the cookie dough into 12 similar sized balls and place onto two baking trays (six on each).
- Once they are rolled into balls, put the cookie dough balls in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, or in the fridge for an hour.
- Whilst the cookie dough is chilling, preheat your oven to 180C Fan, or 200C regular! If your oven runs hot, go for 160C-170c.
- Take the cookies out of the freezer/fridge and place into the preheated oven.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Once baked, carefully push the Love Raw Vegan Cream Filled Wafer Bars into the top of the cookies and leave the cookies to cool on the tray for at least 30 minutes, as they will continue to bake whilst cooling!