What's In Season: April
Here is our 'What's In Season' guide to the best seasonal produce throughout April.
And with April stems the new beam of light and life for the year. Longer days, blossom on trees and the welcoming of fresh new produce.
The items available provide an incredibly diverse and for-filling selection for this month, with heaps of new greens, rich meats and tasty cheeses which can be used to make salads, soups and other healthy side dishes.
Check out some of our favourite recipes using these items are linked below.
*With the best selection of imported items listed too*
- Apricot (coming into season)
- Kiwi fruit
- Asparagus (coming into season)
- Cauliflower (end of season)
- Carrots (baby carrots especially)
- Peas (sugar snap peas, garden peas)
- Purple sprouting broccoli (end of season)
- Jersey royal potatoes
- Lettuce & salad leaves
- Spring onions
Foraged / Wild foods / Herbs:
- Nettle tops
- Wild garlic
- Crab (coming into season)
- Native oysters
- Salmon (Wild)
- Tuna (coming into season)
Meat, poultry and game:
- Lamb (coming into season)
- Rabbit (still available)
- Turkey (still available)
- Wood pigeon
Always available in good condition: beef, chicken, pork, rabbit, farmed venison, wood pigeon.
- Ewe’s milk cheeses
- fresh-flavoured goat cheeses,
- Single Gloucester.