Balsamic Roasted Smashed Potatoes
A scrumptious side dish suitable for a huge host of mains... Such as sweet potato ragu, Chana Masala, Smokey Mexican Bean Chilli.. This recipe is a great side option to make any main dish special, or even used as the certain of a meal! It only requires a few ingriendsta and the little bit of effort makes all of the difference!
- Saucepan with lid
- Baking tray
- Oven set to 180-200 degrees
- Rolling pin or flat based mug (to smash the potatoes)
- 10-15 small / medium potatoes (or however many you fancy!)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- salt & pepper to taste
- Start by pre heating the oven and boiling the kettle.
- Place the potatoes into the saucepan, cover with boiling water and part boil (until just of being fork tender)
- Oil the baking tray and place into the oven to warm through. Drain and rinse the potatoes.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and place the potatoes onto the tray (be careful the oil is hot!)
- Gently press the potatoes down (again be careful not to press too hard!) - if the potatoes are not cooked enough to press just yet don't panic - you can press after they have cooked a little!
- Add the rest on the ingredients onto the tray, mix well and place the potatoes into the oven and leave to roast for 15mins.
- After 15mins remove and flip the potatoes (press down more if you want more of a smashed potato, be gentle with them) place them back in and leave them to crisp up!
- Once you have reached your desired crisp, remove, serve and enjoy!