Leek & Potato Soup
It is soup season! And what better way to enjoy with a creamy, delicious WellEasy twist on a classic dish.
Serves: 3-4 people
- Chopping board
- Saucepan (with lid)
- Potato peeler
- Wooden spoon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion (diced)
- 2-3 leeks (sliced)
- 2 large potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 tin of coconut milk
- 0.5L stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of Aduki Bean & Miso Hummus
- 1 small handful of sprouts
- Start by warming the oil in the saucepan over a medium heat. Add in the diced onion and cook for 2-3mins. Then add in the leeks and cook until both are soft roughly 6-8mins.
- Peel and chop the potatoes. Add them into the cooked leeks and onion mix. Add in the liquid (coconut milk and stock). Bring to the boil and then reduce to simmer until the potatoes have cooked through (around 10-15mins). The smaller the potato chunks the quicker the soup will cook.
- Prepare the aduki bean hummus whilst the soup is cooking.
- Once the soup has completely cooked through. Remove from the heat and allow to cool before blending. Blend until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Serve, top with the hummus, seed sprouts and black pepper. Enjoy!