Paleo Korean Bowl with Bok Choy and Kimchi
This korean inspired rice bowl is packed with probiotics, protein and delicious spicy flavours!
Portions / serves: 2
Time: 30 minutes
- chopping board
- grater/ peeler, knife, frying pan, mixing bowl, spoon
- 2x large eggs
- 200g cauliflower rice
- 2 bunches of bok choy, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into ribbons using a peeler
- 2 tbsp of kimchi
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Ghob of ginger, grated
- Sesame seeds
- Coconut oil
- spring onions, finely chopped
- sesame seeds
- red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
For the sauce:
- Cook the cauliflower rice as per instructions on the packet.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat with a glug of oil. Add in your garlic and ginger and fry for one minute. Then add the bok choy and saute for 5 minutes until wilted and caramelised. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Return the pan to a medium heat with a little coconut oil. Crack your eggs into the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes with a lid on until the edges are set but yolks are still loose (this will make for a nice runny egg).
- To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Divide the cauliflower rice between two bowls, add bok choy, carrot ribbons, fried egg and your desired serving of kimchi. Top with the fried egg and drizzle over the sauce. Finally sprinkle over sesame seeds, spring onions and chopped red chilli.